First Friday Lunch - September 2020
Time & Location
About the Event
Join us for our First Friday Lunch on September 4, 2020, from 11:15 AM to 12:30 PM! We have quite a line-up of speakers for you this month all working to address food insecurity in Brunswick:
- Bryan Thompson, former Brunswick Mayor and currently serving as the Development Coordinator Nunnally House will be joining us to share information on the concept and evolution of the Clean Your Plate Rx Culinary Garden at Nunnally House.
- Dr. Danielle Shelton, board-certified family medicine physician and co-founder of local non-profit Clean Your Plate Rx and will discuss “Food as Medicine.”
- Mathew Hill, Executive Director of the Brunswick Downtown Development Authority will speak on the expansion plans for the Downtown Farmers Market, First Friday Farmers Market, and Wholesome Wave Georgia that will allow SNAP card recipients to purchase fresh vegetables from the Farmers Market.
Due to concerns for COVID-19, we have developed multiple ways for our community to participate:
- RSVP Online at www.glynnenvironmental.org/events to watch the event via Zoom! We will send you the conference link to join before the event is scheduled to begin.
- Watch via Facebook Live by tuning into the Glynn Environmental Coalition at 11:15 AM on September 4!
- Join us in person at Mary Ross Park & Farmer's Market to view the presentation virtually if you don't have access to Zoom. Please bring your own chair, and we are mandating that all attendees wear face masks. Hand sanitizer will be provided.
Please call (912) 466-0934 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.